Thursday, April 17, 2008

Urge for Going

I am having a garage sale on Saturday. I always love having a garage sale- not sure why. I guess it sort of feels like getting something for nothing- just things that were hanging around your house. I always feel lighter after I clear stuff out too. Of course I just get new stuff that I will sell in a few years or so, but it is fluid. I moved around a lot as a kid. Pretty much every 2 or 3 years and maybe that’s where my need for change comes from. I have been working at my current job for 3 years now and I am starting to feel that “urge for going” as Joni would say. I am perfectly happy with everything, but it just feels like time to move on. I think that is the old hippie spirit in me. I’m not sure where it came from, but I have always felt I could have made a very good flower child, Deadhead, etc. I like the idea of change and rolling with the flow and the adventure that could come with something new. I have said before that with a different upbringing, I could have been a real wild one. I guess God knew I needed the parents I got.

No comments: