Monday, May 5, 2008

I knew it was coming...

Well, it finally happened. I have been growing in size slowly over the years and just sort of going with the flow. I would love to be 125 lbs again, but it just ain’t gonna happen. I’ve had a problem with motivation to get in shape. See, I have a husband who is still into me, big or small, a daughter who tells me how pretty I am and a family that has always seen the best in me. I’m very lucky. But you want to know a quick way to get motivated to start your exercise regime again? Have a perfectly lovely, well-meaning lady at church come and ask, “So is it a boy or a girl, or do you know yet?” Yup, that’ll do it! I was wearing one of those oh-so-trendy flowy tops with jeans, but just the day before someone had asked if I was losing weight so I was all full of myself. So, today it was low-fat oatmeal for breakfast and a small lunch. I actually do feel much better when I am exercising and eating better, drinking water, but I do love me some good food. So the journey begins, we’ll see how this goes. I think I need some Mika.

1 comment:

minus five said...

wow. you'll have to tell me who it was over email. i grew like jabba the hut for the past year and a half. it ends up that you can't sit on your couch and not go outside for days and eat doritos for a long period of time and not gain weight. it sucks. slowly, it's disappearing, but that's only because i've been walking around like crazy. if i lived in car culture, i would be screwed.